It’s more than a loose pavement slab

Accidents in Public Places

What Do We Mean By

Public Place?

” “Public place” includes any highway and any other premises or place to which at the material time the public have or are permitted to have access, whether on payment or otherwise”

Criminal Justice Act 1972

Accident in a Supermarket?

Slip or Trip in a Public Place?

Defective Premises?

Most Public Claims go against the Highways Authority

We settle Slips, Trips, and Falls fast

We work with the Highway Authority

The Highway Authority is responsible for operating, administering, and maintaining public roads.

Most slip, trip, and fall claims involve bringing the claim against the local Highways Authority, most of whom have a blanket policy of defending each and every one of these types of claims regardless of nature or severity.

This is why you need a specialist Solicitor who will not be deterred by the strong approach some authorities tend to take against individuals. Denial of liability is their right, as is a defence. We are interested in your rights and we are here to uphold those.

We have years of experience in knowing how to approach the claims process and what to put together as an initial pack for the other party. 

This speeds up the process and gets you results faster.

Public liabilities are not just limited to falls in the street. If you fall in any private premise for example, due to a spillage that was not cleaned, a hole in the floor or some other defect, you may be eligible to make a claim. 

It’s crucial that you contact us as soon as possible following a slip,  trip, or fall. Delays may reduce the chance of a successful outcome or may limit the amount of compensation you receive. Please get in touch with one of our team members before you make any legal decision.

If you have had an accident in a public place call us For FREE
08008 101010

Scroll to Top