You never fail until you stop trying

YOU NEVER FAIL UNTIL YOU STOP TRYING

 

“Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” (Winston Churchill)

Success is never meant to be served on a plate

There is always that ‘something’ in our lives we wish we could have achieved, that ‘something’ we want to do or perhaps even a habit we want to get rid of… but life always makes us learn it the hard way.

Most people in this world claim that they understand the importance of setting goals so that they could attain a better life. Unfortunately, around 80 percent of them are never able to set goals for themselves. What’s surprising is that out of the remaining 20 percent that even set goals, 70 percent fails to achieve their goals.

So what is the reason behind such trauma? Are life goals that hard to achieve? Are the bruises of failure are that bad?

Why people don’t achieve their goals

Say it as a new year’s resolution, someone whispering from inside or just a will, the inconvenient truth is that a handful of people actually stick to their annual or life goals. The reasons setting them up for failure?

  1. Fear of results involving success or failure
  2. Undefined goals and unrealistic timetables
  3. No preparation to deal with the hurdles
  4. Setting too many goals
  5. And most of all, Lack of commitment and motivation

Goal achievement is always taken as an elusive target without balancing them and avoiding the mistakes. This hinders the success ultimately falling into a failure.

Does Failure mean a total loss?

Hard to face and brings about stressful behaviors, a person’s worst nightmare is a disheartening failure. Facing one failure after another, no matter what the cause is, erodes us internally and gets overwhelming as the time passes by.

So it could be derived that failure is a total loss, nothing to gain from it right? Absolutely not!

  • WD40 – attempt 40 before he got it right.
  • DYSON – 1000’s of trial and errors before he got it right.
  • TESLA – A story in itself.

Every failure in your life makes you more stronger. You learn more you gain more and reach that highest point in your life where success bows down to you. As it is said, “There is no shortcut to success”. Everything in this world has to go through the hell of hurdles and failures to come out as ‘the best’, this is how the law of nature works and will continue to work.

Actual failure is putting a halt to your efforts

If somebody has decided he/she can’t do it, well they actually won’t be able to do it. They have already believed in an outcome, and that is what they will aim for.

“Nobody is going to hit as hard as life, but it’s not about how hard you can hit. It’s how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.” (Rocky Balboa: Sylvester Stallone)

The best reply to people saying that they are too old or just couldn’t do it is that “You still have a pulse”. The only failure known to the world is when someone has stopped trying and laid down all their efforts. Such people are forgotten and the ones who have stayed firm to all the setbacks and never gave up are still remembered as heroes and legends.

So what do you want to do with your life? The next time if your answer is “I have no idea but it isn’t this”.

Take a deep breath, sink into yourself and come out with a solution, a solution that will bring you the focus you want and ultimately the results you want.

Leave a comment



Pop in for a coffee and a chat

Whitestone Solicitors offices... in some cases we can come out to you.

Drop us a message