How to apply for leave to remain as a bereaved partner

This post is about what happens to a migrant who is in the UK on a partner visa if their sponsor passes away. If their partner dies before the migrant becomes settled, the last thing on their mind will be their immigration status. However, as status as a partner is based on there being a genuine relationship, they are liable to have leave in the UK cancelled as the relationship no longer exists. Contrary to most opinions, the Immigration Rules are not completely without compassion. There is a route for migrants in these circumstances to apply for indefinite leave to remain. Who can apply? Only those with leave to remain…

Pop in for a coffee and a chat

Whitestone Solicitors offices... in some cases we can come out to you.

Drop us a message