Civil Partnership Dissolution

There are 3 main steps to ending a civil partnership

Until very recently same sex couples could not be legally “married”. However, this has now changed and a civil partnership is a legally-registered relationship between two people of the same sex.

You can apply to end (dissolve) your civil partnership if you have been in the partnership for at least a year.

There are 3 main steps to ending a civil partnership:

File a dissolution petition – you have to apply to court for permission to end your civil partnership and provide reasons for why you want to split up.

Apply for a Conditional Order – if your civil partner agrees to the petition then you’ll get a document saying there’s no reason you can’t divorce.

Apply for a Final Order – this legally ends your civil partnership – you need to wait 6 weeks after you get the Conditional Order before you can apply for a Final Order.

For advice on Civil Partnership Dissolution please Contact our experienced solicitors today who can guide you and provide you with the best advice on how to proceed.